Current Watches and Warnings
California, Orange County Inland
Excessive Heat Watch
Statement as of 1:37 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Excessive heat watch in effect from Monday morning through
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued an excessive
heat watch... which is in effect from Monday morning through
* Temperature... daytime maximums between 98 and 106. Nighttime minimums
in some windier locations could remain in the 70s.
* Impacts... heat related illness is likely for those involved in
strenuous outdoor activity, or those with health conditions that
do not have adequate access to air conditioning. If untreated,
heat illness events could be fatal. Never leave children or pets
inside a parked car!
* Outlook... gradual cooling will likely occur Wednesday and
An excessive heat watch means that a prolonged period of very high
temperatures is expected. The very hot weather will create a
dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink
plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of
the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 1:20 PM PDT on October 19, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2017
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
Tuesday afternoon for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Sunday morning through
* Location... Orange County coastal and inland areas, San Diego
County valley and mountain areas and the Riverside County
* Wind... areas of east to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with local
gusts 30 to 40 mph. A few gusts could reach 50 mph Tuesday
morning, mainly in the San Diego County mountains.
* Humidity... daytime minimums around 10 percent Sunday, then 5 to
10 percent Monday and Tuesday. Poor recovery each night.
* Timing... Sunday morning through Tuesday.
* Outlook... the Santa Ana winds should weaken Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. A combination of strong winds, low
relative humidity and hot weather can contribute to extreme fire
behavior. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Wind Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois -
- Indiana -
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan -
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri -
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina -
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia -
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin -
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement